Ejector Pump Running Constantly??? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

ejector pump running constantly???

i live in illinois and the house is brand new. and have an ejector pump in the basement for my shower toilet and sink that are located in the basement. my problem is that when it rains the ejector pump turns on and off constantly like every 5 min. is it possible that when they plumbed the house they used this basin for water around the foundation and thats why its cycling. i also have another sump pump for foundation water that never fills higher than 2". also isnt it illegal to use the ejector pump into the city sewer for foundation water?

Advertisement

streetwise83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 PM   #2
nap
You talking to me?

Rewards Points: 2,000

ejector pump running constantly???

Quote:
plumbed the house they used this basin for water around the foundation and thats why its cycling.
quite possibly

Quote:
i also have another sump pump for foundation water that never fills higher than 2".
sounds like something got connected to the wrong pump

Quote:
also isnt it illegal to use the ejector pump into the city sewer for foundation water?
in many areas, yes, it is. Call the city and ask. They would be your best source for an accurate answer.

Advertisement

nap is offline   Reply With Quote