Ejector Pump Cycling - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Ejector Pump Cycling

I had to replace an ejector pump in my basement that was connected to my washer (no bathroom on lower level). My old pump I think was the original from 1998 and had 2 switches (one went into the other plug) and when it would go off I would hear the hammering sound of the check valve once during each cycle (wash and again in spin) for large loads. Now the new pump (Zoeller) has one plug and I hear it go off 3 times during each cycle. Why is it different? It's a lot quieter but I'm concerned that it's going off so often and that it will burn out quickly? While it goes off 3 times it's realtively quick. Should I be concerned about this?

Advertisement

jend300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

Ejector Pump Cycling

the float needs to be adjusted to allow maximum pumping of the basin. Pumps generally have a lifespan of XXXXX # of pumps, its not exact but if the pump is working three times as much there's a good chance of it burning up 3 times as quickly

Advertisement

the_man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ejector , pump running