Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-03-2013, 08:36 AM   #1

Share |

DWV check?

Good morning -- was hoping you guys could take a look at my DWV schematic for me? First I've got a scan of a drawing but could not figure out how to attach to this post but would love to as this would be easiest to judge. a bit of background -- this is for an 18'X18' addition to my home in bergen county in NE NJ. it will be two stories but the second floor is all bedroom and no plumbing at all. basement is full but unfinished. ground floor will consist of a hall/mudroom, full bath and laundry room. bath and laundry will be back to back with a common interior wet wall (no corresponding wall above -- the bedroom is all open floor plan). I'm planning a wet vent to cover the two rooms with the WC first and nearest to the main vent/stack, followed by the vanity, then clothes washer, then shower, and finally laundry sink. the sink at the end will provide the start of the wet vent. the bathtub is across the bathroom and I'm planning a seperate drain and vent there. all this dumps in to a branch drain that crosses the basement and connects to the existing building drain, and a single main vent up to the roof. the main drain will be 3" to the WC, the 2" for the rest of the run to the last sink. wet vent above is 2" and the main vent to the roof is 2". branch vent to the tub is 2" with the vent above 1 1/2". does this all make sense? I put the WC closest to the stack since it needs 3" I believe and should be downstream from the rest of the fixtures? I used the sink at the end since this seems to be the way to run a wet vent? and I dry vented the vanity in the middle since it seems easy enough and should help the system overall? is this necessary? Are my pipes large enough to carry the load? are my wet vent assumptions sound? thanks very much great to run it by you guys before the inspector! john p

yellowkid is offline   Reply With Quote