Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Share |

Dual Flush Toilet

Anyone had good luck or know of a good dual flush toilet? i am trying to find ways to cut water usage, and the toilet in our 1st floor bath is *terrible* anyways (I think one of those $69 specials that previous owner installed) that has to be flushed twice even when it's yellow.

I was looking at this Dual Flush one...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100637537

It's a FloWise, and it uses either 1.2 or .8 gallons depending on how you flush.

anyone have any experience with it? i don't want to install something without some clue that it does what it says.

2031pratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
the Musigician

Dual Flush Toilet

i like a pressurized toilet flush, saves water and everything goes first time, every time. they're just noisier, but i can live with that.

DM

Old 03-05-2009, 05:57 PM   #3

Dual Flush Toilet

I don't know the dual flush units but also check the flush capability in grams. I have 2 Kohler Wellworths I bought about 8 years ago rated at about 280 grams / flush. 90% trouble free but the kids cause issues, master never clogs.I think excessive wads of toilet paer are a problem with kids.

The newest version of the Wellwoth released this winter is rated at around 850 grams. Both are 6 litre low consumption but the new one has a 3" valve ?? so that's huge compared to the old. I wouldn't settle for anything below 800 grams now. Search the net there are websites which rate these as well
Chemist1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #4

Dual Flush Toilet

I've switched over to the Toto Aquia dual flush in my bathrooms. If it's possible to be in love with a toilet, then I'm in love with this one. It's not the cheapest one around, but I think you get what you pay for. I've never had to use a plunger on these guys once in years of usage.

http://www.totousa.com/ProductSearch...9-e185212b8086
mrpurty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:05 PM   #5

Dual Flush Toilet

Better check prices before you jump in head first. You MAY not like what you see. It would take HUGE water savings over HUGE time frames to pay for one of those.

I dont have one because I never get over a minimum bill anyway!!
4just1don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
JDC
Plumbing Contractor

Dual Flush Toilet

I'm with mrpurty on this one. Toto makes one helluva good line of toilets. Installation on some of them is "different", but not bad. Pricey, but they're this plumber's favorite toilet. Favorite ice cream.....rocky road. Just thought I'd throw that in for s_its and giggles. lmao god I need some sleep
JDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:55 PM   #7

Dual Flush Toilet

you can find totos for around $300 (cheaper than the prices listed on their website for sure). i think some states even give tax credits for dual flush toilets, e.g. http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/metro/221421.php

mrpurty is offline   Reply With Quote