DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Dryer vent duct (

ninghai 12-29-2009 10:42 AM

Dryer vent duct
Which is better for dryer vent ductwork, galvanized steel pipe, semi-rigid aluminum duct, or metalized flexible duct? I can get all three types in 4" from HD.

Also, can I mix & match them?


Daniel Holzman 12-29-2009 11:37 AM

Galvanized or aluminum rigid duct are better than flex, because there is less internal resistance to the flow of air. Put the piping together using aluminized duct tape, do not use sheet metal screws, as the screws tend to collect lint on the inside.

ninghai 12-30-2009 09:31 AM

i will go with the rigid type. thanks.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1