DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Drum Trap Covet (

krawiszjm 04-29-2010 09:57 AM

Drum Trap Covet
I nned to replace a leaky cover located in the basement under the upstairs tub. It looks failrly straitfoward but unsure of what kind of adhevise or glue I should use to secure the water from leaking between the threads. Is a standard plumbimg ggop sufficent on such things. As you can probably see by my use of words I am not a plumbler and not used to doing such projects. I purchased the cover at Ace but didn't even think of asking someone there.

Thanks, Jim

plumber Jim 04-29-2010 11:42 PM

try a 4" fernco jim cap. its a rubber cap with a big hose clamp. It will work perfectly.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.