Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-19-2008, 11:22 AM   #1

Share |

Drainage Issue

Hi everyone, I have a problem that is driving me nuts ! I have a kitchen drain, all pipes are brand new to the stack, everything was draining fine until a few days. Nothing has gone down the drain, the water drains nicely when the water is constantly running. If I put the stopper on the sink, fill it up with water and take the stopper off, the sink takes forever to drain. I am going to pull apart the p trap when I get home tonight, but was wondering if anyone has any idea what can be causing this? Whole house drain stack is okay, because I am not having this problem with the upstairs bathroom sink or tub. Thanks in advance for all your advise and help.

helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:36 AM   #2

Drainage Issue

Sounds like you have a venting issue to me.

Termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM   #3

Drainage Issue

That's what I was thinking, but there is no way of me getting to the vent stack, it's a very pitched roof. This sink in question, the drain line runs approx 2 ft from the sink to a 2 inc stack. That same stack runs all the way upstairs to the second floor, and ties into the 4 inc stack right above all bathroom fixtures, before it sticks out into the roof.
helpless handyman is offline   Reply With Quote