Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-21-2006, 02:09 PM   #1
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: portland, OR
Posts: 151
Rewards Points: 150

drain and vent insulation

After removing the kitchen sink and the wall, I notice the builders packed some plaster around the drain and vent pipes where they pass through the framing.
I assume that this is method of fire blocking. So, as I have knocked away a lot of it, would some type of spray foam be advised to fill in the spaces? Thanks

handifoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
joed's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Welland, Ontario
Posts: 8,129
Rewards Points: 3,052
Blog Entries: 4

drain and vent insulation

They make fire rated caulking just for this purpose. Unless the spray foam is fire rated then it would not meet code.

joed is online now   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing basement shower drain atilla137 Plumbing 5 09-03-2009 12:54 PM
Yoke vent for water closet kenlog Plumbing 4 07-13-2007 07:34 PM
drain slope ouchmythumb Plumbing 2 05-12-2007 06:12 PM
Dishwasher Drain Question kypper Plumbing 2 01-16-2007 12:39 AM
Ok to use a sanitary cross in a wet vent? peeks Plumbing 1 10-03-2005 05:35 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.