DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   drain and vent insulation (

handifoot 05-21-2006 01:09 PM

drain and vent insulation
After removing the kitchen sink and the wall, I notice the builders packed some plaster around the drain and vent pipes where they pass through the framing.
I assume that this is method of fire blocking. So, as I have knocked away a lot of it, would some type of spray foam be advised to fill in the spaces? Thanks

joed 05-21-2006 05:27 PM

They make fire rated caulking just for this purpose. Unless the spray foam is fire rated then it would not meet code.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.