Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #1

Share |

Drain Problems

Usually when my washing machine spins out and any other water flows into drains it fills up my drain lines causes bubbling in my toliets, i checked my clean out behind my house and when i took the cap off it overflowed out and onto the ground. I snaked out my lines with a snake, with a 1" ball on the end, after running it out about 50' i didnt hit any clogs at all. After this i cut into my pipe and installed another clean out just to be sure and still nothing. my pipe comes out from the house and drops about 2' and takes a 90 degree turn and goes to the city sewage, and this seems to be where the water is settling. All signs point to a blockage but i have not found any blockage at all, any suggestions?

jugornot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:40 PM   #2

Drain Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugornot View Post
Usually when my washing machine spins out and any other water flows into drains it fills up my drain lines causes bubbling in my toliets, i checked my clean out behind my house and when i took the cap off it overflowed out and onto the ground. I snaked out my lines with a snake, with a 1" ball on the end, after running it out about 50' i didnt hit any clogs at all. After this i cut into my pipe and installed another clean out just to be sure and still nothing. my pipe comes out from the house and drops about 2' and takes a 90 degree turn and goes to the city sewage, and this seems to be where the water is settling. All signs point to a blockage but i have not found any blockage at all, any suggestions?
your drain is clogged from cleanout to street somewhere...how far is main...slowly fill line when running snake with line full will help to open.... how big is snake???

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #3

Drain Problems

Thanks Ben, the main is about 50 ft away, the snake is the flat type, its about 1 1/2"wide and 50' long, and has a 1 1/2" ball on the end. As i push the snake in it goes fairly easy the whole way, i feel no obstructions. Thanks again!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #4

Drain Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by jugornot View Post
Thanks Ben, the main is about 50 ft away, the snake is the flat type, its about 1 1/2"wide and 50' long, and has a 1 1/2" ball on the end. As i push the snake in it goes fairly easy the whole way, i feel no obstructions. Thanks again!
when you run water does it back up to your cleanout....
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:18 PM   #5

Drain Problems

Yes, today i ran a waterhose 20 ft up the new clean out that I installed inline with the drain to the city sewer and after turning the water on and waiting approx. 1 to 2 minutes it began to run back out, which makes me think that my pipe does not have enough fall on it to make it flow to the sewer. Any ideas on how to tell if i have enough fall, and if i dont how do i know how far it needs to be raised up?

Last edited by jugornot; 12-01-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: misspelled words