DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Drain placement for sink

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Sammy 
#1 ·
Im doing a dry run of my plumbing and im at the point of my sink drain. Im running the drain through the outside wall, with insulation behind it, and im not sure at what height and where abouts to place it.

My vanity is 60 inch wide and the sink will be in the middle, so my drain will be at 30 inch. Do i make the drain come out of the wall at 30 inchs also or should i offset it by a few inchs? also at what height should i go, the height of the vanity is 34.5 without the counter top. I know it has to be bellow the sink drain, so i was thinking about about 22 inch height.

#2 ·
As long as you have enough depth for the trap which you should have, then matching the center line of the sink drain with the wall outlet is good.

22.5 up doesnt sound bad for the height since you have the sink tailpeice to make adjustments but I would put the sink on the vanity with the tailpeice installed and check it. Long as your trap is hitting mid point in the tailpeice you have room to move it up/ down on the final hookup.

#3 ·
Well i dont have the counter top yet or the sink, thats why i wasnt able to dry fit up to there. So i guess as long as im not too high i should be good, for the depth, its a standard vanity, nothing special about it, so thats why i was asking for some type of norm out there. im going to go pick up a few more parts and my p traps so i can just ruff it out by eye

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.