DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Plumbing (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/)
-   -   Drain pipe offset, redo? (http://www.diychatroom.com/f7/drain-pipe-offset-redo-164944/)

joebanks 11-28-2012 12:44 AM

Drain pipe offset, redo?
 
I think I might have spent a while under the house for nothing. I thought the new elbow I was putting on hit the hole perfectly. After further inspect its not perfect. The flange that I have the front mounting holes barely if at all hit the floor I'm drilling into. Should I go get another elbow and couple to fit it again or is there a flange with a larger mounting ring that will work? Thanks for your suggestions.

Additional information the floor to the drain is about 1 inch so I need to get a new flange that has a 2 inch neck.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25381655_n.jpg

NiNe O 11-28-2012 05:50 AM

I hope that helps.

oh'mike 11-28-2012 06:04 AM

What have you done? It would have been easier to set the flange to the backer and tile around it--to late now---

Show us the flange you have in relation to the hole----you may need to trim back the tile
with an angle grinder and a diamond clipper blade---

or you may need to fill that depression with vinyl cement patch---

joebanks 11-28-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oh'mike (Post 1062168)
What have you done? It would have been easier to set the flange to the backer and tile around it--to late now---

Show us the flange you have in relation to the hole----you may need to trim back the tile
with an angle grinder and a diamond clipper blade---

or you may need to fill that depression with vinyl cement patch---

The hole isn't a problem. The last bath I did the flange was to the sub floor but you'll get a more flush connection if the flange is on top I the tile. I'm picking up a new flange up tonight and ill see how it works out.

joecaption 11-28-2012 04:39 PM

Subfloor cut wrong, tile board cut wrong, tile cut wrong.
Try a search on Google on toilet repair flange, about your only hope at this point.

TheEplumber 11-28-2012 04:52 PM

All flanges are the same diameter. If it were not so, every toilet base would be different- kinda like putting a Ford rim on a Chevy
Can you screw a block on the under side and fill as Mike suggested?

joebanks 11-28-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecaption (Post 1062528)
Subfloor cut wrong, tile board cut wrong, tile cut wrong.
Try a search on Google on toilet repair flange, about your only hope at this point.

I do love these helpful comments that just point out what someone else would have done. First the subfloor is original and both the cement board and tile are lined up with it. The flange was attached to the subfloor prior to removal so obviously a new one will work with it. But thanks for your comments ... Sarcastic

joebanks 11-28-2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEplumber (Post 1062539)
All flanges are the same diameter. If it were not so, every toilet base would be different- kinda like putting a Ford rim on a Chevy
Can you screw a block on the under side and fill as Mike suggested?

Thanks if nothing else works that's what I'll do. Great suggestion.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved