Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

drain pipe for kitchen sink

My house was built in the 60's. I have a metal pipe that runs into a cast iron pipe. when I tried to take out the metal pipe it was so rusted that it broke off. I took a hammer and a screwdriver and tried to get the rest of the pipe out. My problem is I've gone into the pipe about 8 inches and I don't see the end of the pipe. Shining a flashlight in there it looks like its brass or copper. So do some of the old cast iron pipes have some kind of coating in there or did my matal pipe stick that far back?

Last edited by ron097; 09-27-2011 at 03:05 PM.
ron097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
TheEplumber's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Idaho
Posts: 7,060
Rewards Points: 2,300

drain pipe for kitchen sink

The only time I've seen something like what you describe is a chrome trap outlet thats been shoved into the trap arm too far. Do you have a picture?

TheEplumber is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Utility sink drain pipe question jabergess Plumbing 3 05-06-2011 08:01 AM
AC Coil drain pipe questions fritzycat1 HVAC 14 11-12-2010 03:51 PM
Maximum distance of sink from drain? DIYHomeTheater Plumbing 0 06-14-2010 07:42 PM
sewer backup and stench jayhill Plumbing 12 08-13-2008 11:06 PM
washer drain pipe paydelady Plumbing 3 11-13-2007 12:27 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.