DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   drain pipe for kitchen sink (

ron097 09-27-2011 04:02 PM

drain pipe for kitchen sink
My house was built in the 60's. I have a metal pipe that runs into a cast iron pipe. when I tried to take out the metal pipe it was so rusted that it broke off. I took a hammer and a screwdriver and tried to get the rest of the pipe out. My problem is I've gone into the pipe about 8 inches and I don't see the end of the pipe. Shining a flashlight in there it looks like its brass or copper. So do some of the old cast iron pipes have some kind of coating in there or did my matal pipe stick that far back?

TheEplumber 09-28-2011 12:02 AM

The only time I've seen something like what you describe is a chrome trap outlet thats been shoved into the trap arm too far. Do you have a picture?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.