Re-plumbed the area beneath the sinks and connected it to the new PVC drain line. Didn't get the sink plumbing right the first time. There were about three obstacles I didn't account for or correct ahead of time. 1st I did not notice that the standard sink basket was striped where the nut for the tail piece connects and I was missing the gasket to seal the connection. I didn't see it when I took it apart and so I didn't know it was missing. So... that leaked. Also, I did not see that the ferrel type gasket used for the tail piece slip joint was chipped. So... that leaked. Finally I had some stress where the trap connected to the wall stub. The angle and stub length distance were the problems here. So... that didn't help the other problems. Corrected all of those things and No leaks!
Hats off to the professional plumbers who get this right the first time. And, thanks again to the plumbers and knowledgeable folks who graciously helped me through this project.