Doms New Master Bath - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Doms new master bath

hello folks this is my first time posting, i am building a new master bath on my second floor consisting of a shower, sink and toilet, im still in the rough stage but i almost have my plumbing complete. this was the first time using pex and the cinch ring method, so far so good i haven't finished connecting it in the basement yet but im close.

my house was built in the fiftys and still has galv. pipe through out and as i go i want to replace it all. so far i have three home run pipes to the second level two hots (one for a return) and a cold.

im trying to insulate the hots as much as possible but its kind of hard where i fished it thru the ceilings.

so i have a couple questions to get started here.

1) i intercepted the three inch cast iron vent and converted it to pvc, where i did this was in a tight space and had to use a street 90 and a dough-nut, i couldn't get the dough-nut to seat all the way down in the hub, im thinking about spraying the joint with some foam to help seal it, any thoughts?

2) due to a wall change my toilet flange ended up 13.5 inches from the studs instead of the 12.5, will this be a problem in the finish?

3) i would like to add a second shower head after the mixer with a remote valve, can i just cut in a T after the mixer and run a line around the shower to the back secondary valve or is there a better way?

thanks
Dom

Advertisement

dominic58 is offline   Reply With Quote