Does Faucet Attach To Grante Or...? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #1
sil

Rewards Points: 25

Does faucet attach to grante or...?

There will be a 3/4 inch plywood on top of newly installed cabinets before the 3/4 inch granite goes on top.
The kitchen faucet I will be using is Blanco. The diameter of the hole is 1 3/8 inch.

Should the faucet be secured on both plywood and granite (total 1 1/2 inch) or just the granite? If it should just be the granite, should I have the fabricator drill a larger hole on the plywood directly underneath the hole for the kitchen faucet?

Also, I read that the standard hole for soap dispenser and faucet is 1 1/2 inch. Should the fabricator just drill 4 holes of 1 1/2 inch or should I insist on 1 3/8 inch hole for my faucet? Does the 1/8 inch make much of a difference?

Advertisement

sil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 250

I prefer to attach faucet to granite only. The plywood will get compressed by the washer and the faucet will keep loosening.

You shouldn't insist on anything. He should have all the parts and know what size holes to drill and where to drill them.

Advertisement

send_it_all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500
Send a message via AIM to Marlin

It doesn't matter as long as the faucets are deep enough to go through both the plywood and stone. Understand what I'm getting at? The part of the faucet the nut goes on could end up being inside your plywood leaving you with no way to install the faucet without removing the plywood after the fact.

He "should" know what size holes to drill. They should be 1 1/4 although most of the time I have to call them back because the holes are the first size bit the guy could find.
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote