Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve Question - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
Send a message via AIM to Schweinehund
Question

Dishwasher water inlet valve question

Just bought a stainless Maytag DW, and while reading the install manual, is says to use a 3/8" N.P.T. elbow to connect to the water inlet valve. It also shows the inlet having a female recepticle in the illustration. When I flipped the DW on its back and looked at the valve, the threads are blue nylon, or some sort of plastic, and they are male connections.

I found a picture of something similar, only mine has just the one hookup, not 2.

I am thinking that I'm supposed to use something other than a brass NPT fitting on those soft nylon threads...any ideas? Do I still need to use pipe tape on this stuff? I've never seen the inlets made from plastic before.

Any advice appreciated!

Advertisement

Schweinehund is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dishwasher , inlet , maytag , npt , valve