Dishwasher Tubing Help Needed - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-28-2012, 01:43 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 160

Dishwasher tubing help needed

Okay. I completely remodeled my kitchen. The sink is in the same area. I moved the dishwasher. The dishwasher they had in here was not working and was disconnected from the power source (they had it tied into a junction box with multiple lines) I am running a new line so the dishwasher is on its own breaker. This is a one level ranch house.

#1 The water supply line was cut and ran down into the basement. I looked around and there was a copper pipe 3/4 in (what ever the standard is) cut and has a valve on it. My guess is this was the water supply line. I would like to use this. The valve has the copper pipe coming out of it. My questions are:
-3/4 of a inch to copper tubing (flexible) what do I use? My guess is a reducer but the fitting it solider how to do you tighten it? Tighten it and then solder?
-So after this I run the copper tubbing up from through the floor. How does it attach to the dishwasher, what fiting do I use, my thought is you solder the fittings but then it wont turn because then its all one solid piece?

#2 The drain pipe they had coming from the dishwasher down into the main sewage pipe with a rubber tubing into a 3/4 - 1 inch copper pipe into a reducer. I am going to remove the rubber tubing and then put on a copper cap. I think that is the easiest and the right way in doing it for now. I am then going to drain into the kitchen sink drain pipe.

Advertisement

ryanb4614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Plumber/Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,618

Dishwasher tubing help needed

If the DW is next to the sink tee off the HW supply in the cabinet instead. It's the best method

Advertisement

TheEplumber is online now   Reply With Quote