DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Dishwasher and Roaches?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  sanec1 
#1 ·
I take care of a friends rental and the tenants tell me there are roaches IN the dishwasher when they open it after use. I am meeting an exterminator tomorrow and the tenants are actually very tidy. This has me floored. I would think that the heat of the DW when cycling would be enought to kill them. I'll chek what ever I can but this is really a head scratcher. Any help is appreciated.

#3 ·
The unit needs to be pulled out, for the exterminator to effectively do their job. If the machine is really infested, only thing you can do is toss it at this point. Roaches love moisture and no matter what, nothing but having an exterminator do their job and do a repeat until the critters are gone, is the only way.

No matter how clean the tenants are, roaches can come in on boxes, or live in walls, under cabinets, etc.. I dealt with them in a apartment and a older mobile home. Only way I got rid of them, was repeat attacks, and finally once I started to use the bait in the syringe, it was only then, that I finally killed those suckers, and never saw them again.

#4 ·
I've seen cockroaches in a microwave...while cooking food. They just meander about, waiting patiently for the door to open. That's right, a radioactive device doesn't faze them.

Having roaches in the dishwasher is not just believable, it's pretty much the equivalent of humans at the water park.

Whatever you think would kill them, forget it. There they are, the real soon-to-be winners of WWIII.

Those things are hell on Earth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.