Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-21-2012, 12:44 PM   #1

Share |

Dishwasher and Roaches?

I take care of a friends rental and the tenants tell me there are roaches IN the dishwasher when they open it after use. I am meeting an exterminator tomorrow and the tenants are actually very tidy. This has me floored. I would think that the heat of the DW when cycling would be enought to kill them. I'll chek what ever I can but this is really a head scratcher. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #2

Dishwasher and Roaches?

I find that hard to believe.

Is the gasket around the door well sealed? Do they see them anywhere else? How long after the cycle finishes do they wait to open it?
Startingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
Retired from the grind

Dishwasher and Roaches?

The unit needs to be pulled out, for the exterminator to effectively do their job. If the machine is really infested, only thing you can do is toss it at this point. Roaches love moisture and no matter what, nothing but having an exterminator do their job and do a repeat until the critters are gone, is the only way.

No matter how clean the tenants are, roaches can come in on boxes, or live in walls, under cabinets, etc.. I dealt with them in a apartment and a older mobile home. Only way I got rid of them, was repeat attacks, and finally once I started to use the bait in the syringe, it was only then, that I finally killed those suckers, and never saw them again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!
: So what'll happen?
: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gregzoll For This Useful Post:
Jay 78 (05-21-2012)
Old 05-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Learning Things Every Day

Dishwasher and Roaches?

I've seen cockroaches in a microwave...while cooking food. They just meander about, waiting patiently for the door to open. That's right, a radioactive device doesn't faze them.

Having roaches in the dishwasher is not just believable, it's pretty much the equivalent of humans at the water park.

Whatever you think would kill them, forget it. There they are, the real soon-to-be winners of WWIII.

Those things are hell on Earth.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #5

Dishwasher and Roaches?

It's HOT in the HOT tub. You would think the little devils would get pumped out in the drain cycle. If there is a food trap in the bottom I would remove it and run a load on a heated water cycle. Cockroaches are pretty indestructible.
sanec1 is offline   Reply With Quote