Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-17-2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

dishwasher line froze, need answer asap

originally kitchen sink hot froze and adjacent washing machine hot did not work, now both work after using hair dryer. Now dishwasher appears frozen as you dont hear water when you turn it on. There is water - its cold, inside dishwasher after I removed plastic cap and put my hand down into tank - this was after I ran it for 2 minutes or so.

I tried blow drying braided dishwasher line for a while without success.

Any help?

TStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #2

Update - took off d90 and water comes through - dishwasher goes on but dont hear water going inside. Inside dishwasher trap is water, its cold after running 4 minutes - I would think should be hot.

what is problem & how to fix?

TStan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Remodeling Contractor

Rewards Points: 2,000

find out why you only have cold water. The dishwasher has a control to assure it cleans using hot water.
Bob Mariani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:22 PM   #4

I had a similar thing happen a while back and it turns out that dish washer's and washing machines are built the same in this matter.The water feed inlet line has a valve built into it so if any thing goes wrong with the feed the valve automatically switches the supply off.Once the valve shuts off there's no way to repair it.
I think it's made like this so a Pro must look at it to see just exactly What is going on.Not surprising really when you think of the water and electricity in such close proximity to each other.The machine works on the electrical side you can hear it trying to pump water but the only water there is what was originally in the trap.I'm not saying 100% this is what it is, just what happened with mine.Good luck.
billy d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,226

The cold water is probably just cold water that remains in the bottom of the dishwasher after a cycle. You are probably not getting any "new" water. The dishwasher is not opening it's internal valve to let in water but you're going to have to do some sleuthing to find out why. Maybe a bad valve/solenoid or maybe the valve's not getting the signal to open.
jogr is offline   Reply With Quote