Dishwasher Far Away From Sink - Waste Line Problems - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500

Dishwasher Far Away From Sink - Waste Line Problems

Adding a dishwasher and garbage disposal where there wasn't before. Because it's a small U-shaped kitchen, the only two options that made sense were to the left of the sink between the fridge, or to the right at the center of the "U". I chose the latter.

Already ran new electrical and stubbed out a new supply line for it because I didn't want to run flex under the cabinets (Ikea cabs on legs). Now I'm having headaches with figuring out the waste line for it. My options so far seem to be:

1. Dishwasher, to factory high loop, to flexible plastic tubing running under the corner cabinet legs, to air gap at sink, to garbage disposal port.

2. Santee into 1-1/2" bath tub waste line between the tub drain and the P, then run a stand pipe.

Which is the better option? #1 seems to carry the risk of the tubing leaking under the cabinets and not being noticed immediately, but #2 seems to carry the risk of a waste backup into the dishwasher if the P clogs before the vent stack.

Advertisement

Planning: Kitchen Reno

Last edited by Thadius856; 09-07-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Thadius856 is offline   Reply With Quote