Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2010, 03:40 PM   #1

Share |

dishwasher drain hose

I am installing a dishwasher and debating how to run the drain hose, the problem is that the dishwasher is 2 meters away from sinks and around the corner so the drain hose will not be long enough to conect with the required 20" loop. It seems my best option would be to run the hose through the floor, then back up to the sink cabinet using an extension hose to the garberator but I am not sure how this will affect performance. Alternatively I can T the hose straight into the main drain because it is right beside the dishwasher but then there would be no trap down stream of the dishwasher and I don't think that would be to code. There is no point installing a trap right at the drain pipe because the dishwasher would have to be removed anyway to axcess it. looking for any oppinions and advice, thanx.

onelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:50 PM   #2

dishwasher drain hose

I would not splice onto the dishwasher drain hose, that could overload the pump inside the dishwasher.

The hose must empty into open space such as the inside of a garbage disposer, or a drain pipe with trap into which the hose fits loosely. The open space in turn has to gravity feed the waste water onward.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #3

dishwasher drain hose

I would contact the manufacturers tech service department and explain to them what you want to do and follow their direction.
COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 05:52 PM   #4

dishwasher drain hose

double entry sorry
COLDIRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

dishwasher drain hose

The shorter distance you have, the better. I'd do what's suggested above first and see what the mfg reccomends as far as max pumping distance. After that, i'd drill holes thru the cabinets to route the line around the corner. Thats what we normally do. I think i'd prefer to have them accessible at all times if it was in my house.