Discovered Toilet Flange Is Missing - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Discovered Toilet Flange is Missing

Hello I'm working on retiling my bathroom floor and when I removed the toilet I found that it was not bolted to the ground. I also came to find out that the flange is completely missing! The previous homeowner installed the toilet with nothing but the wax ring.

I can't ignore this problem so I'll be replacing the flange today but it looks like my pipe is pretty corroded, is this something that is going to bite me in the butt if I put a flange in it and call it a day? See attached pictures. Corrosion seems to be at the 9 o clock area.

Advertisement

jenewein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #2
Master Plumber

Rewards Points: 718

It is a problem question is how long before the problem becomes a problem, i would have the complete system inspected Via camera before you invest money on remodeling, at some point that cast iron is going to have to come out.

I have a customer that bought a foreclosed home last year,, beautiful house built in the 60's gutted it and went through it from top to bottom,spent a fortune on it, only thing over looked was the drainage under the floor. long story short they finished moved in and a week later stoppages, we inspected the lines and found that all the piping under the slab is bad and needs to be replaced, talk about a guy flipping out,

Advertisement

Experience is Knowing what to do next, Skill is knowing how to do it

http://www.americandrain.net
Javiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 2,096

That CI is in really bad condition, and will hinder flow severely. I would Replace it.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote