Disconnecting, Reconnecting And Purging Gas Lines. - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Disconnecting, reconnecting and purging gas lines.

I need to disconnect the exterior gas line in order to reside my house. Once I'm ready to reconnect everything do I need to then purge air from the line at each individual appliance (range top, water heater and gas fireplace) or in just one location for the entire system?

Advertisement

sfebner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
Retired from the grind

Rewards Points: 2,502

Disconnecting, reconnecting and purging gas lines.

Usually just a slit is made in the siding to get it over the piping & electrical conduit. Suggest contacting your utility regarding the disconnect from the main, if you do not want to cut the slit in the siding panel.

As for your question of purging, there is no need, just need to make sure that it does not leak when connected back up. From there you just have to relight the pilots on those appliances that use a standing pilot light.

Advertisement

Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Ren: Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool! Stimpy: So what'll happen? Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?
gregzoll is online now   Reply With Quote