Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #1

Share |

Delta Roman Tub Faucet Upgrade Issue

Hi, I want to upgrade a Delta roman faucet on a 20 year old whirlpool tub in the master. The problem is the rough in appears to be a smaller spout than the typical new faucet trim available today. I brought one faucet home and the tub faucet trim has a larger opening and won't fit snug on the spout on the rough in. Is there any way around swapping out the rough in? Is there an adapter maybe that will make the faucet trim fit the rough in spout? Otherwise looks like I would have to tear the marble sides off to get to the rough in to swap out. Thanks, Gary U
gunderwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 08:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunderwo View Post
Hi, I want to upgrade a Delta roman faucet on a 20 year old whirlpool tub in the master. The problem is the rough in appears to be a smaller spout than the typical new faucet trim available today. I brought one faucet home and the tub faucet trim has a larger opening and won't fit snug on the spout on the rough in. Is there any way around swapping out the rough in? Is there an adapter maybe that will make the faucet trim fit the rough in spout? Otherwise looks like I would have to tear the marble sides off to get to the rough in to swap out. Thanks, Gary U
really need a picture to help you out....
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #3

Thanks for the response. Let me know if you need more pics. The pic attached is the spout I want to attach new trim faucet to but the diameter is smaller than the new faucet trim. Seems like maybe the new faucets are for newer rough in but if there's a way to find some adapter for the new trim to fit the smaller spout that would be ideal. Thanks for your time!
Attached Thumbnails
Delta Roman Tub Faucet Upgrade Issue-imag0558.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunderwo View Post
Thanks for the response. Let me know if you need more pics. The pic attached is the spout I want to attach new trim faucet to but the diameter is smaller than the new faucet trim. Seems like maybe the new faucets are for newer rough in but if there's a way to find some adapter for the new trim to fit the smaller spout that would be ideal. Thanks for your time!
wow that is an old delta faucet....really doubt you can up grade without replacing whole thing....they changed style and size.....maybe try www.delta faucets.com...
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:40 AM   #5

Thanks Ben, I figured so. It's 21 years old and the classic brass finish. Hopefully I can pop off the panels to get to it OR hire a plumber!! You wouldn't happen to be in the DFW area would you?? LOL Thanks for your replies. Gary U
The Following User Says Thank You to gunderwo For This Useful Post:
ben's plumbing (05-31-2012)