Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #1

Share |

Delta Ball Joint shower arm adapter???

I'm trying to replace my shower head and my faucets are Delta (so I'm assuming the shower arm is as well) from the late 70s. I have the ball joint arm and am having trouble finding the right adapter. I've found one for Price Pfister, American Standard, and Gerber, but none for Delta. Any tips on where I can find one for Delta (or will one of the other brands work) I really don't want to have to change out the whole arm, just wanted to add the adapter. Thanks!

nic3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
DIY staff

Hard to tell what you are doing---The thing you describe as a ball joint is an after market piece.

The pipe that threads into is 1/2 inch inside the wall--shower heads are also 1/2 inch.

Your arm should work if both ends are 1/2 inch. --mike--pictures would help.

oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh'mike View Post
Hard to tell what you are doing---The thing you describe as a ball joint is an after market piece.

The pipe that threads into is 1/2 inch inside the wall--shower heads are also 1/2 inch.

Your arm should work if both ends are 1/2 inch. --mike--pictures would help.
I have the same type of shower arm from a house that was built in 1949. I'm not sure what brand mine is. I'll have to get a magnifying glass and see if there is a brand name on the shower diverter.

Anyway, the different adapters that nic is talking about is where I'm having trouble also. I don't know which one to choose. I don't know if the threading is the same on all of them or not. The American Standard one seems to be a little different, but I can't really tell.

I found a picture on the internet that shows this ball shower arm. My escutcheon is different from the one pictured and has a screw on the top. I was also wondering if any adapter would work.
dawnyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:01 AM   #4

I found a name on my shower head: Repcal Presto

I tried the Price Pfister adapter and it is too small to go over the ball. I'm going to end up replacing the shower arm it appears. Being 6'3" tall, it's probably a good idea anyway.
dawnyday is offline   Reply With Quote