Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-21-2012, 08:16 PM   #1

Share |

Delta 144962-SS tub and shower trim question

I purchased this Delta 144962-SS tub and shower trim from Home Depot and had a plumber install it today. This one:

I noticed that when I pull the nob thing on the spout and water comes out from the shower head, water continue to dribble out from the spout.

The older delta trim this replaced, which I also have in the guest bedroom, also have water coming out but it is only a little be of drip and not a continuous dribble like this one.

Want to check if this is normal or do I have a defective unit? Thanks.

bigbearbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbearbear View Post
I purchased this Delta 144962-SS tub and shower trim from Home Depot and had a plumber install it today. This one:

I noticed that when I pull the nob thing on the spout and water comes out from the shower head, water continue to dribble out from the spout.

The older delta trim this replaced, which I also have in the guest bedroom, also have water coming out but it is only a little be of drip and not a continuous dribble like this one.

Want to check if this is normal or do I have a defective unit? Thanks.
you may have some dirt or junk in the end of spout ..or you may have a damaged spout......try pulling it up with alittle force at full flow see if it stops dripping...do it a couple times.....

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Doing it myself

Send a message via AIM to Alan Send a message via MSN to Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's plumbing View Post
you may have some dirt or junk in the end of spout ..or you may have a damaged spout......try pulling it up with alittle force at full flow see if it stops dripping...do it a couple times.....
^^^^^

I had a situation where a person was pulling it TOO hard, causing it to lodge itself at an odd position when it was up.

I pulled it up with my pinky finger in front of her, and it worked perfectly.
They're also not making these diverter spouts well these days. Having lots of trouble with them myself. They all seem to leak just a little.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #4

Update on this:
I called Delta today and as it turns out, this newer type of shower/tub trim using the newer "pull up to divert" method will have more water coming out from the spout. The way to determine if there is a problem, according tot he Delta Tech Support I spoke to, is to see how much water is coming out from the spout by comparing the size of the water coming out to a pencil. If it is smaller than a pencil, you're ok.

Looks like I'm ok with this. So if you're installing one of those newer Delta shower/tab trim, be aware that it'll behave slightly different from the older types.

One thing I also noticed though, is that the water pressure coming out from the shower head from this new trim isn't as strong as the older type. A pity but not a deal breaker.

If you know of a way to increase the water pressure just for the shower head (rest of house is fine), please let me know. Thanks.
bigbearbear is offline   Reply With Quote