Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #1

Share |

Deep sink install in garage with existing washer dryer connection

Need a little help here. I have looked everywhere for some advice, but my garage seems to be a little unique. I want to install a laundry sink in the garage. There is already an existing laundry connection box(or that is what it looks like). The washer has separate hookup that it is already using. In the pictures you can see I have a separate unused box. I believe it was put in just for having a sink? Ok to install a sink? Have you ever seen water lines capped like in the unused box? The water lines are hooked together instead of capped individually. Any help would be appreciated! Any problems with using the drain that is capped in the middle??

contrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #2

That doesn't appear to be H & C lines. More likely just cold line looped for a future water softener installation. You will need to pull new water lines from the washer supplies- waste line also

Old 11-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #3

Thank you for the quick reply. I decided to find out for sure where those line came from and cut into the wall. It looks like that drain pipe goes through the slab to a main drain line?? And you were right, the water loop looks to come through the slab and then loop and head for the house and water heater. Here is a picture. Can I drain the sink to that drain line? Looks like a good spot for a house shutoff valve? And then at least a cold water supply for the sink?
contrix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
garage design, laundry tub, water box