Cutting A Hole In Basement Floor For Toilet - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

cutting a hole in basement floor for toilet

how do I know where to cute hole in basement floor to install rough plumbing for a toilet and a shower?

Is it better to use a concrete saw or a jack hammer?

Advertisement

lrkramer001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 604

cutting a hole in basement floor for toilet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrkramer001 View Post
how do I know where to cute hole in basement floor to install rough plumbing for a toilet and a shower?

Is it better to use a concrete saw or a jack hammer?
Determine where you want your toilet and shower to be and hire a plumber to advise you about the waste run with slope to meet code. You will also have to cut a channel through the concrete to lay the waste pipe to where the plumber connects to the existing waste line.

When I broke the concrete in our carport's floor to run the waste pipe for an addition, I used a jack hammer. I figured that a concrete saw would need a diamond blade and create a ton of dust. If there are any rebars in the concrete, then additional problems using a saw.

Don't forget that you will need to install a vent pipe which the plumber can also advise you on how best to run it. It "may" need to be vented through the roof.

HRG

Advertisement

Homerepairguy is online now   Reply With Quote