DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

culligan mark 89 water softener parts

17K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Akpsdvan 
#1 ·
I have a culligan water softener mark 89. I have abroken part that acuates the valve for regeneration.

it rotates with the sfat that slides the tray in and out that is attached to the plunger rod. it attaches to the cam shaft with a pin and is spli where the pin passes through. Where can I find a parts list or place to buy the simple part?

#2 ·
Sounds like a used part is what is needed,, I don't think that culligan would sell just that one, so finding some one that has the part and would send it through the mail to you.

That wonderful little white plastic link, like the two that I sent to some one in Virgina I think it was last fall...

#4 ·
Still have a few.
Think that they are called cam link?
I have not seen one on the bid site that a lot like to use...seen the whole kit, piston cage and the white cam along with the brine piston... but it is a bummer that one often has to buy the large kit just for one plastic part..

#5 ·
i got the part that i needed for $9 at the culligan store locally. but I think the timing on the cam is screwed up it binds when the bell crank (part i got) pin hits the left or right side of the tray that attaches to the seal pack shaft.

I pulled the seal pack (which I replaced a few years ago) and it came out in 2 pieces? the back piece is not attached but does not look broken. I now also have leaks where the by pass valve assembly attaches to the tank.

kind of irritated but think I may just go buy a whole new resin tank a valve assembly and be done with it. I don't have time for this.

#6 ·
More stuff for the land fill..

Sounds like the bell crank or the piston linkage was not set in the white slide in the right slot..

The tray is a 2 part item the metal part is held to the back plate by two screws..and the white has the slot for the piston and the groove from left to right is where the bell crank or link has a pin that rides in it.

If one moves the valve wrong then the o rings that seal on the adapters between the valve body and bypass will leak, and one of the o rings could now be torn.

Feel lucky that your culligan dealer even sold you just that one part.. most will not or charge $$$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.