DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Critique/Comment/Advise on a Basement bathroom project

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
I'm working on updating an existing basement bathroom. It was a 2-piece and I'm working on adding a shower and making it a 3-piece. The blue lines I've drawn in are where I've broken the concrete and dug out the floor for new drain pipes. The existing pipes go from the shower along past the new toilet location, connect up to a y-joint, then that connects to the existing lavatory stack for the toilet in the upstairs bathroom. I've dug out a new path for the pipes to the new sink location. My plan is to cut the existing y-joint, get a first y-joint connecting the shower and sink, then get another y-joint to go shower/sink with the toilet and re-attach that to the lavatory stack.

I've also drawn in a new drain. I want that in for my furnace condensation run off. It's optional but would make things nicer so I'm hoping it can go in as well.

I'm wondering what you think of my layout here. Will everything connect okay here or am I looking at a drainage problem? Will I have an issue with venting? Is there a better layout that I should go with?

There are height restrictions along the left side so the shower has to stay on the right side. The toilet could move over to the left but that might make things a bit tight as you're standing up from it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Jason

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.