Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-12-2009, 12:50 AM   #1

Share |

Crane two handle kitchen deck faucets

Anyone with a Crane two handle kitchen deck faucet (that uses the Dial-ese cartridge system) should be aware that Crane is discontinuing this faucet. You'll still be able to get cartridges and knobs for this faucet from aftermarket sources like Master Plumber, but the spouts and faucet covers will no longer be made.

One characteristic of this particular faucet is that it had a narrow escutcheon (or "cover"). The Crane kitchen faucet escutcheon is only two inches from front to back. So, if your kitchen faucet is mounted too close to the backsplash or sink lip as it is, then you need to find another faucet with a narrow escutcheon like the Crane.

In my case, this was a problem because once I installed new counter tops on my existing kitchen cabinets I found I sometimes only had a few sixteenth's of an inch between the faucet and the integral backsplash of the new top (and the same distance between the faucet and the lip of the sink, too!).

One faucet that can be used to replace the Crane is the Waltec. Waltec's two handle washer and washerless faucets both have escutcheons that measure 2 inches from front to back so they'll fit wherever a Crane will fit. Also, Waltec is owned by Delta, and the washerless Waltec faucets use exactly the same closure mechanisms that the much more expensive two handle Delta faucets use.

http://www.specselectonline.com/Spec...tLineID=700010

Just thought I'd give all the owners of Crane two handle kitchen deck faucets in here a head's up that certain parts will soon no longer be available for their kitchen faucets cuz they're being discontinued.

Last edited by Nestor_Kelebay; 02-12-2009 at 12:54 AM.
Nestor_Kelebay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #2

Crane two handle kitchen deck faucets

My father in law had tried different two handle kitchen faucets before and never did he tried using a faucet that works wonders. A handy guy that he is he said it's easy to install.
mmaja5325 is offline   Reply With Quote