Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-19-2008, 04:41 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

cost estimate

I live in the SF bay area in Northern CA, and I'm looking for a daily rate that I could expect to pay a licensed plumber for running a gas line from a propane tank to a house. Trenching is done so it is just plumbing labor. I'm looking for a rough daily cost.

In an effort to head off the flamming....I understand the cost of running a business (labor, taxes, insurance.....) and people aren't in business to work for free. I'm looking to pay a fair price to licensed, insured plumber....I'm just wondering what to expect.

Thanks

steve1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:59 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Marlin

cost estimate

My guess would be just under $200/hr for one plumber and a helper. If the trenching is done and they can use flex lines it's probably only a couple hours of work to run the line from the tank into the house. Running lines to appliances is another story though.

Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #3

cost estimate

Marlin-
good info thanks.

Regarding the other story of running to the appliances....is it just access that makes it another story? The walls are currently open, big holes cut in the floor for crawl space access, and no appliances installed (except for the heater).
steve1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Marlin

cost estimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1234 View Post
Marlin-
good info thanks.

Regarding the other story of running to the appliances....is it just access that makes it another story? The walls are currently open, big holes cut in the floor for crawl space access, and no appliances installed (except for the heater).
The labor rate would be the same, it will just take longer to run the gas lines inside then it will to run the line outside.
Marlin is offline   Reply With Quote