Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-17-2011, 02:13 PM   #1

Share |

Converting Electric home to Gas

Doing the interior gas lines and need to know what size line to run to outside to make sure it is large enough to handle all gas? Will be replacing electric appliances with gas as they fail. Gas co already has said no problem bringing gas to the house. I know they they need to preasure test. I beleive I bring the line just outside the house and cap it. Is that correct?
Rick2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #2

Converting Electric home to Gas

Did you do a sizing exercise based on the longest measured run of pipe and total BTU's required for your all your appliances? There are other factors to consider as well such as type of pipe used and how many elbows, tees, what pressure is available after the utility's meter and so on.
VIPlumber is offline   Reply With Quote