Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Share |
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Hello -

First post! I am redoing my entire bathroom and I am on the final plumbing project. Hooking up my Sink. Here is what I have. My drain line is 1 1/2" PVC and I would like to connect it to 1 1/4 " chrome S-trap. Not quite sure how this is done? Do I have to use a rubber fitting or is there a pvc connector that will accept the standard 1 1/4 " chrome piping?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

DAVE

Also I promise to post completion photos - you have never seen a sink like this.

calderdoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,243
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Quote:
Originally Posted by calderdoran View Post
Hello -

First post! I am redoing my entire bathroom and I am on the final plumbing project. Hooking up my Sink. Here is what I have. My drain line is 1 1/2" PVC and I would like to connect it to 1 1/4 " chrome S-trap. Not quite sure how this is done? Do I have to use a rubber fitting or is there a pvc connector that will accept the standard 1 1/4 " chrome piping?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance.

DAVE

Also I promise to post completion photos - you have never seen a sink like this.
you use 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 desanko fitting glue it on 1 1/2 pipe...or 1 1/2 desanko fitting with a 1 1/4 reducer washer...

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hartfield VA
Posts: 25,546
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Chrome and PVC drains all take the same sized fittings, the chrome just cost more.
Any Lowes, HD or Menards all have the whole trap and drain all in one package.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's plumbing View Post
you use 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 desanko fitting glue it on 1 1/2 pipe...or 1 1/2 desanko fitting with a 1 1/4 reducer washer...
So I saw the fitting online - Do I glue a metal fitting onto PVC?

Thanks.

DAVE
calderdoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:28 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,243
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Quote:
Originally Posted by calderdoran View Post
So I saw the fitting online - Do I glue a metal fitting onto PVC?

Thanks.

DAVE
no it glued on the 1 1/2 pvc..on the other end it a slip nut and washer slides over the 1/1/4 crome then tightens into the pvc...can always take it apart for service....sorry can't post pictures...still learning...ben
ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hartfield VA
Posts: 25,546
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...FAEF91&first=1

An adapter like this will get you from the PVC to the chrome.
joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: pa
Posts: 4,243
Default

Connections PVC to chrome


Quote:
Originally Posted by joecaption View Post
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...FAEF91&first=1

An adapter like this will get you from the PVC to the chrome.
yep thanks joe for the back-up to help op...ben sr

ben's plumbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now, Square D Combo AFCI Breaker Trips Opens w/No Load Side Connections QO120CAFI mysterylectric Electrical 14 10-27-2013 02:51 PM
pex connections Arky217 Plumbing 3 02-28-2012 11:54 PM
Connect Chrome P-Trap to PVC Drain simonua Plumbing 3 09-15-2011 01:29 PM
Asko Dishwasher Dispenser came with Different Connections momfxit Electrical 0 09-16-2010 05:33 PM
Chrome paint on plastic Thurman Painting 3 08-24-2010 12:17 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.