Connecting Wet Bar Vent And Drain - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-12-2014, 02:08 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 26

Connecting Wet Bar Vent and Drain

This should be fairly easy but I'm having a mental block and need some assistance/confirmation.

I'm adding a wet bar to my basement as part of a remodel. My kitchen is on the floor above and the drain for the kitchen sink runs down through the wall where I'm placing the wet bar. As a result, I want to tie into that drain.

See attached images for reference. Drawing has two separate views. The red triangle indicates roughly where I want to locate the drain. The black line indicates the current kitchen drain. The gray areas are the walls/studs. The photo is just a view of the existing drain under the stairs.

To make this work, I need to add a vent. This alone is not so much a problem. The wall where the wet bar will be located is on a stairwell wall. My plan is to simply run the vent pipe straight up though the two floors above and into the attic where I will tie it over to another existing vent.

Here's my issue:
I can't figure out what fittings to use to tie the vent together with the sink drain and over to the existing kitchen drain. Like I said, this should be simple but I'm stumped for some reason.

Should the following work (all PVC)?:
* Long 90 for sink connection into wall (90 turns toward the existing kitchen drain)
* Add short (say 6in drain piece to 90)
* Connect regular T to short with 2" vent connecting and going up the remaining straight portion continuing toward the kitchen drain pipe
* Add another short connection piece (say 18in or whatever length is needed)
* Connect to kitchen drain with Sanitary Tee

Thoughts?

(and yes, this will be inspected)
Attached Thumbnails
Connecting Wet Bar Vent and Drain-20140830_234703.jpg  
Attached Images

Advertisement

LowlyDIYer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,746

Connecting Wet Bar Vent and Drain

Should work but you might want to 45 off your tee to get to the exposed studs so you can support your drain. Also place your vent tee within 5 foot of the bar sink 90. on its back. Do not turn horizontal with the vent until you are at least 6 inches above the top of the bar sink and take it to the attic. You can also avoid a lot of drilling if you place your sanitary tee on your kitchen stack on the 45 part so you run exposed under the stairs. Keep the tee branch horizontal to the floor.

Advertisement

Last edited by Ghostmaker; 09-12-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Ghostmaker is offline   Reply With Quote