DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Compression Fittings

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  the_man 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was curious if anyone has ever seen a particular supply shut off valve and/or compression fitting.... I'm doing work on an older house that doesn't have any shut off valves from the sink to the supply lines.

So, there are 3/8" compression threads coming out of the wall behind the sink where the old supply line used to connect too. And the valves are 3/8" compression on both sides.... Is there any way/any fitting that would eliminate the forced use of a short piece of copper line to connect the two?

If there is such a fitting that would have FEMALE 3/8" compression threads, I have never seen it but it would seem to make a lot of sense that somebody would make one. A lot of these older houses don't have shut off valves in their tubs or sinks, and there has to be a more efficient way of changing that than to splice in a 3" piece of copper line.

I thought about just connecting the supply line to the threads coming out of the wall, and putting the valve up close to the sink but there isn't enough room for that.

#4 ·
I bet that behind that compression fitting is a galv. pipe that an adapter was screwed into. Best thing you can do is take out the compression adapter and install a 1/2" nipple and angle stop. Lowes/Depot should have a female swivel tee that allows you to add a faucet after an angle stop, you could cap the branch that you don't need, but I would dig a little deeper and see whats underneath that fitting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.