Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
fml

Share |

clogged the boyfriends toilet... help?

So...... don't get me wrong, I am 5'6" and about 110lbs but I take a dump just like everyone else. And.... I clogged my boyfriends toilet. He's gonna be home in about an hour... ugh. help??

So... it overflowed. I turned the water off to the toilet... obviously, I plunged my little heart out. I found some drano type stuff that said it was okay for plastic and metal pipes and gave instructions for toilets. I waited about 2 hours to be safe... I know they say don't plunge again because of chemical burns but honestly, I don't care... It has happened before, I lived. I just don't want to emotionally die, lol. So, I plunged again, filled the tank up with some water and tried flushing. No luck, started to overflow again. Just checked the bowl and all the water has drained out... didn't do that before the second plunging. What does that mean?

I am not sure this is entirely just my doing.... btw... because... it just wasn't that much? Maybe it was already a little clogged? Any other reasons this isn't my fault?

What can I do? Run out and buy a snake thing? Anything before that...?

For the future, after plunging... is there any way to be sure (by feel, sound, whatever) that you've successfully plunged and you are now safe to flush (or at least try)?

Thanks.... (and hopefully there's some active people who are willing to post/reply for me)

Last edited by fml; 09-28-2011 at 08:22 PM. Reason: added stuff
fml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #2
KemoSabe

When the BF gets home, smack him lightly on the cheek and tell him not to ever leave the house again without unclogging the toilet first. Then tell him he owes you a new pair of Vera Wang's cuz yours got poo water on them.

Old 09-28-2011, 08:22 PM   #3

Call roto router for emergency service. Or play it off like he did it and you have been without a toilet all day because he uses too much paper and eats to much fiber. Then call roto rooter.
OhioHomeDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #4
fml

ughghhghh... lol... no. he already knows and i have no problem admitting it, i guess.... i just don't want him to have to do it when he gets home. its my sh*t. unless there's a parent-child relationship going on (or owner-dog or they're getting paid) no one should ever have to see someone else's business...

(i'm broke btw. got $25 spendable cash for the next few days.... he'd have to hire someone, not me. and to save that kind of money i would definitely make him give it a go, first. the snake thing, definitely affordable, though, if necessary.)

what does it mean that all the water drained this time??
Old 09-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #5

It means the line is not clogged completely. Keep trying. If you wanted to make it easier on him you could put gloves on and remove the chunks from the toilet so he doesnt have to.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
fml

i'm............. going to go fill the tank up again. but i am going to check to see if anyone here tells me i am doing the absolutely wrong thing before i try and flush it again.

maybe fill the bowl up a lil, plunge, then fill the tank? ugh. i'll fill everything and check back lol.

(time crunch, you know? there should be mystery left in relationships. he doesn't need to know how my "massive" dump caused water to leak from the bathroom into the basement on top of some random electronics parts.... now does he? there's no damage; it just calls for a careful wiping with some diluted bleach. he might know but the chance to remove every trace it happened before he gets here is important... then it's like this never happened and as far as he's aware, i sh*t glitter still)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #7

Glitter poo interesting.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
fml

he's not doing anything. lol. if i can't do this before he's off work... he gets my last $25 to head to the bar until i'm good and done and ready for him to come back...! ($25 goes a long way with $2 drafts)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
KemoSabe

If the clog is downstream and you plunge too hard, you might end up with po-poo-ree in the bath tub. just thought I'd throw that out there.

Actually, you might want to try running water in the other fixtures. If it drains freely, it's confined to the toilet and plunging should break it free, unless you ate Portland cement for lunch.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
fml

so... it drained. so its not entirely clogged? right. fill up the bowl and plunge again, right? yes. awesome. i'll be back. lol. fml.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneframer
If the clog is downstream and you plunge too hard, you might end up with po-poo-ree in the bath tub. just thought I'd throw that out there.

Actually, you might want to try running water in the other fixtures. If it drains freely, it's confined to the toilet and plunging should break it free, unless you ate Portland cement for lunch.
Oatmeal is sort of like portland.
The Following User Says Thank You to OhioHomeDoctor For This Useful Post:
loneframer (09-28-2011)
Old 09-28-2011, 08:36 PM   #12
fml

Quote:
Originally Posted by loneframer View Post

that's cool. i just spent over an hour cleaning that stupid bathroom not even 24 hours ago. i'm good with other places overflowing a little... it just has to be cleaned after the clog is fixed all the way. and at least that's a definitive sign on my progress with the plunger.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #13

When you plunge just plunge one way. Dont push and pull with force. Pick one i would push then release then push then pray then push then clean your face....
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
KemoSabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fml View Post
he's not doing anything. lol. if i can't do this before he's off work... he gets my last $25 to head to the bar until i'm good and done and ready for him to come back...! ($25 goes a long way with $2 drafts)
So, let me get this straight. You're going to give him your last dollar to head to the bar, while you stay home, all glittered up and nowhere to go?
Old 09-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #15
fml

oh. there's a shop vac. i wonder if that would work...?

so.... i added water. it doesn't drain immediately... which i'm assuming is bad. how do toilets even work?? i know the handle is attached to the flapper thing in the tank, which releases water........ does anything else happen? just the water pressure from the water released by the flapper, pushing the bowl water down the drain? so... i dunno. how do i test this without almost letting the bowl overflow and then having to wait for it to slowly drain a little before i try again?

his plunger does suck, though...

Tags
toilet clogged plunger