Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #1

Share |
Question

clawfoot tub shower enclosures too expensive

I have a slipper clawfoot tub and want a small round shower enclusre at the end of the tub where the handheld shower is. The kits are so expensive and I don't want a shower head...I just want to be able to stand up and shower using the hand held as the shower hand. Where would I get a 36inch shower ring...and how could I clamp my handheld shower to the rod so I can use it hands free????? Thanks for any ideas and all suggestions. I haven't bought my faucet yet because I am trying to find a deck mounted one in brushed nickle that is somewhat affordable and doesn't look cheap. I know, I want it all but don't want to pay the price.

lzimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #2
Long-Time DIYer

In college, I made a simple hanging shower enclosure for an old clawfoot tub in our fraternity house with 1/2" galvanized pipes with 90s at the corners hanging from the ceiling by small chains (it was rectangular by choice). I overlapped three plastic shower curtains for the walls. I plumbed in a galvanized pipe and shower head with separate valves from the tub faucet, and you can rig anything to hang the handheld from the hanging shower curtain ring.
Have you thought about trying to find a kids plastic hula hoop? Or you could make your own thing with white plastic PVC pipe and fittings in any size that suits you, although it wouldn't be exactly round....perhaps just a small square or octagon.
You're only talking a fewbucks with this arrangement that would get you to what you want I think.
Good Luck!
Mike

Mike Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #3

Mike: Thank you so much for the wonderful and expensive solution for a round inexpensive shower rod! This is a perfect idea and I like the idea of a hula hoop!
lzimmer is offline   Reply With Quote