DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Circulation pump on boiler

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
Just removed my ancient gas boiler & I'm in the process of replacing it with a new boiler, On the Old boiler, the circulation pump was on the return line & On the new boiler, it recommends placing the circulation pump on the supply line, I would like to keep the circulation pump on the return, as all the plumbing pipes are ready to go, Does it matter where you place the circulation pump ... being that a boiler is a closed loop system or do I have to follow the instructions of new boiler?

#2 ·
It also shouldn't be a bid deal to switch it before the boiler is installed. Unless you have a special situation it shouldn't matter where you put the circulator though. Just make sure they are flowing the correct way. Now do the directions recommend it be on the feed or do they say it has to be on the feed. If they say it must be on the feed put it on the feed or they may use it as an excuse to void your warranty should something go wrong.

#3 ·
If somebody knows what difference this would make, I'd like to hear it, because it seems to me like either situation would be fine, as long as the pump is going the same way : Pulling water from the top, and pumping it back into the bottom. . . . .:huh::huh::huh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.