Chilled And Purified Water? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-13-2006, 01:02 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Chilled and purified water?

I have a water cooler in my kitchen, that I'd like to replace with a built in sink purifier like these ones
http://www.geappliances.com/smartwat...fs.htm?GXSV65F
Problem is, I like the water chilled, so I'm trying to find a model that purifies and cools it.

Has anyone seen a built-in like that?

Thanks!

Advertisement

jmagnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
They're all fixer-uppers

Rewards Points: 500

Do you buy any chance have a fridge with ice and water on the door? If so, they make adapter kits to tie the filtered water into there so that it comes out of the fridge tap chilled and filtered much better than the filtering that occurs inthe fridge. If you buy a home filter kit, settle for nothing less than reverse osmosis filteration. I'll buy doing this same project in a month or so.

BTW, they sell adaptor kits, but its probably like a sadle T and a small piece of hose or something. You'd have to look into it. Either way, the point is, its a good avenue to take. IF you do not have a fridge like that, you can buy a cooler that chills after the filteration is done at any home improvement store.

Advertisement

J187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #3
The Flying Toolbox

Rewards Points: 25

A good RO (reverse osmosis) system is the way to go!!! The best bottled waters are RO filtered water...Dasani and Aquafina. Other than feeding the water through a refridgerator with an in-door water/ice dispenser, you could fiqure out a way to keep the RO storage tank in a small fridge.
handypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #4
The Water Guy

Rewards Points: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmagnuss View Post
I have a water cooler in my kitchen, that I'd like to replace with a built in sink purifier like these ones
http://www.geappliances.com/smartwat...fs.htm?GXSV65F
Problem is, I like the water chilled, so I'm trying to find a model that purifies and cools it.

Has anyone seen a built-in like that?

Thanks!
Hello jmagnuss,

In fact yes there are many models out today that offer both chilled water thats filtered through reverse osmosis. As mentioned in a previous post, as to putting a reverse osmosis holding tank in a chilled environment, I wouldnt recommend it being the condensation leading up to rusting of the tank and further problems. If you are still interested in finding a reverse osmosis chiller you may msg me and Ill send over some good links.

Good luck

Last edited by filtrationworld; 12-26-2006 at 08:29 PM.
filtrationworld is offline   Reply With Quote