DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Plumbing (
-   -   Changing faucet - reverse osmosis adapter (

grand_canyon 11-19-2012 07:40 PM

Changing faucet - reverse osmosis adapter
1 Attachment(s)
I changed my old cheapo kitchen faucet for a better faucet. An issue I ran into is that the reverse osmosis inlet adapter that fit the old faucet is the wrong size and the plumbing from the inlet to the faucet is different. The old faucet had a metal hose that ran from the wall inlet up to the copper tubing threading that was the faucet inlet. Between these two was the intake for the RO.

The new faucet has a hose that is built in and runs into the wall inlet thus no spot for the RO inlet also the size is larger on my current RO adapter as I need 3/8 and it is 1/2 inch. My previous adapter RO inlet was high up the copper tubing since it was only about 6 inches below the faucet. Does the RO inlet need to placed high up? Does anyone know what I need and where I can get one. I went to HD and they said they didn't have any. I live in the Phoenix, AZ area.

grand_canyon 11-19-2012 09:41 PM

I'm thinking I may get a 1/2 to 3/8 hose for one side and then get a male-male fitting that goes from 1/2 to 3/8 for the other side. Hopefully this will work okay.

tylernt 11-20-2012 10:06 PM

I use a metal tee on mine. It connects to the 3/8 compression stub out, and has two compression outputs for the sink's flex supply line and for the RO.

For the RO, I bought a PE (poly ethylene) ferrule and insert -- normal compression ferrule does not work! I used the standard compression nut that came with the tee though.

grand_canyon 11-20-2012 10:19 PM

Thanks. I did some research after my post and I found a Angle Stop Valve (ASV) on the net and also found it close to my home at a plumbing store. The ASV is a female 3/8 to male 3/8 with a 1/4 inch for the RO flextube. I screwed it in to the wall outlet and then screwed on my faucet hose tube and then cut off the gray piece in my pic and pushed the white tube into the flextube fitting. In the end this worked better as it took away two extra transitions or couplings.

Yes, just like in your pic.

Thanks for the help.

tylernt 11-20-2012 10:29 PM

Sorry I was a day late, glad you got it though!

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1