Changing Alligator Barn Into House - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-04-2008, 09:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Changing Alligator Barn into house

I have a 30 x 35 ft (used to be alligator barn) Now it is a pole barn with 2 x 4 stud walls . It has a Cement floor that slopes from the middle down to both sides by 8 inches. It has some drains (pvc about 5 inches diameter) already in on the sides. It already has a 2 prong water spicket embedded in the cement.. Can I use the drains for anything or will I just have to crack up some of the cement for plumbing. I'm going to be putting sleepers in the floor to even it up, Is there anyway to put the plumbing in that area? Or will I have to crack it up ? Does anyone know what that would run to put in plumbing for 2 bathrooms and a kitchen that will be back to back? I hope I didn't confuse everyone. Also it need a septic put in. Before it just drained into a large whole outside.

Advertisement

Rosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
Long-Time DIYer

Rewards Points: 500

Changing Alligator Barn into house

Rosie,
I highly doubt that any of that drain system will be adequate to use for a sanitary drain/waste/vent system for a residence.
You need to get a local licensed plumbing contractor (or 2-3) to come out, answer your questions, and advise you and quote what they would do the job for. I'm sure that it will include cutting or breaking the slab, installing the proper system and repairing the slab.
Good Luck!
Mike

Advertisement

Mike Swearingen is offline   Reply With Quote