caulking shower stall questions, removal, grout sealing etc
Thanks in advance to everyone who contributes here, this site really helps me alot since I am a new homeowner.
I need to re caulk my shower stall and have attached some pics to help with my questions. I am going to list what i think I should do and please comment thanks!
1. clean shower floor and clean up all dark spots on grout, what do i use for this? oxyclean, bleach and a toothbrush?
2. remove old caulk, using a razor and possibly caulk remover (I have used this to help remove caulk sealing outdoor light fixtures and its great)
2.2 clean around where I cleaned off the caulk, again what should i use bleach? alcohol etc?
3. let everything dry a couple days to have a bone dry shower stall
(**do i need to reseal the floor with any type of sealer before continuing**)
4. while I am waiting for the shower to dry replace rusty screws holding stall together one at a time. (gonna remove one screw to take to the store to get same size, any sugesstions on what screws?)
5. re caulk, I purchased a tube of GE GROOV is this good? also see my pics, 1) this is a dirty grout line should i caulk over this line after cleaning it? 2) should i caulk all the way up this corner? How about on the opposite wall that is tiled up about 8 ft
Thanks for the help!:thumbsup:
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:09 PM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.