Cast Iron Drain Pipe Under Tub Broke!!! HELP!! - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-24-2010, 11:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

cast iron drain pipe under tub broke!!! HELP!!

My husband and I are rebuilding our house from Hurricane Katrina flooding. He was getting ready to install a new tub and the old cast iron drain pipe broke about 2 feet down under the foundation. Is there anyone who can tell us how to fix it - at a minimal cost? I know that is a loaded, if not impossible, question, but we basically have zero dollars and no insurance!!! It looks bleak, but we are keeping our fingers crossed that someone out there can help us!!! Thanks for listening!!!

Advertisement

bestband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:52 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 500

dig it all up, take some pics and post them on here. we can't help at all unless we know what you've got to fix

Advertisement

the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

It broke yesterday. John (husband) and neighbor Kevin was inside the house in the bathroom working on putting the piping together to get the tub installed when the pipe broke. They took a hand shovel and other tools trying to dig down as far as they could and said the pipe goes down about 2 feet then turns and goes under the house toward the street (the bathroom is at the back of the house). Right now we are back at the house we are living in in Hammond, about 1 1/2 hours away. We are going back down there this next weekend, unless something else comes up where we have to go down sooner. I'll take the camera and take some pics and post them then. Thanks for your answer and willingness to help in any way! I do appreciate it!!!
bestband is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cast iron drains , plumbing , tub drain line