Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

cartridge replacement and low pressure

Ok, so we have a Price Pfister pull out faucet in our kitchen, we replaced both the hot and cold water cartridges due to dripping and ever since we have had a very low flow on the hot side. The pressure from the line is good and a plumber friend of my father in law snaked the faucet and then did a test by putting the new cold cartridge in the hot water handle to double check to see if debris was the problem within the faucet somewhere and the pressure was good, and when putting the hot cartridge on the cold side to check it again flow was very weak..he blew air into the cartridge and still no luck this is the 2nd one we have tried, so today we try a 3rd and still the same issue what is going on? It can't be the faucet or the line bc like I said when he put the cold on in the hot water side it worked fine so it's has to be the hot water cartridge but I don't see how we could have 3 that are defective anyone have any suggestions

Justbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,062

Not sure how he could have cleaned the line that goes from the cartrage to the aerator. It's a tiny very prone to kinking or pluging up line.
Replace the whole hose and I'd bet it will work.
So far I've replaced 2 of that style Price Pfister with the same problum with a differant brand. Both still work fine.

joecaption is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

It's not the hose bc before we put a new cartridge in it was fine and like I was saying he put the cold cartridge on the hot water slot to test the pressure to rule out debris being stuck and it worked fine we had pressure
Justbeth is offline   Reply With Quote