Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #1

Share |

Can't Identify Shower and Tub rough in valve stamped SHWR 7196 and TUB P-P USA

I have a single valve shower and tub valve with with female threads on the shower and tub rough in vavle body. It is solid with no adjusters on the outside of the valve body. I don't know if it is from the 80's when the house was built or from 04 when the bathroom was updated with matching white fixtures. The sinks faucets where replaced with white Moen but the bath may just be a matching face place set. I found no reference at Moen or Price-Pfister. The brass body of the valve is stamped on the topside SHWR 7196 and on the bottom TUB P-P USA. Not only do I need identication and if possible the replacement part numbers and a parts diagram to everything. I would like to know if the rough in valve is installed correct in the position described or is it upside down? It is a single lever that you just turn in one direction from off until the desired tempurature. The problems are: 1) A complete drain of the hot water tank in less than average time. 2) The water is too hot, the cold water only comes out a trickle in any position with the hotwater pipe shut off (for testing) and I found the hotwater shut off valve turned way down to try and compensate. I would like to repair this hopely with just a new cartridge (avoiding the hassle of having a new one sweat in right behind the plastic shower liner) and then update the face plate and handle. If the valve body can be identified, will I be limited to just that brand for new face plate and handle? Thank you.

help4diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #2

Can't Identify Shower and Tub rough in valve stamped SHWR 7196 and TUB P-P USA

I have the same markings on my shower valve. I know for certain that my shower assembly is from 1994 and is a Price Pfister Bedford Model. My valve is aligned the same as yours so I would assume that it is in the right way. From PP catalog it appears that they changed the components in 1997. I don't know if the valve body changed or just the guts after 1997 but I think if you reviewed the parts explosion on the link below, you would find your valve in one of the two drawings.

http://parts.bdhhi.com/modelsummary....elnum=R89-976P

jphalin is offline   Reply With Quote