Can Someone Identify This Piece? - Plumbing - DIY Home Improvement | DIYChatroom

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1
Rewards Points: 10

Can someone identify this piece?

See the pic below. The ring with the red arrow pointed to it is cracked and leaking. It's pretty easy to unscrew, but it's not like I can just replace that ring, since the pipe it's on flares at the end to keep it from coming separate. My question is, what the heck is this piece called? And is it easy to find at a Home Depot or Lowe's? I'm assuming I need to unscrew the broken ring, the matching ring to the right, and then unscrew the pipe from the PVC pipe it goes into? Is that shaped piece easy to find, or are we talking about needing to cut pipes and stuff. I am a total plumbing novice, in case you haven't noticed. lol Just trying to figure out if I need a Depot run this weekend, or if I should be calling my plumber. Thanks for the help!!


igendreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #2
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 601
Rewards Points: 500

that piece will unscrew from the tee in order to replace the slip nut. however, it will probably leak when you reinstall it (the old chrome stuff normally does). you should get a new end outlet continuous waste that is plastic and install that instead. it will cost around 10 bucks, and all you need is a hacksaw and a couple hours in front of the sink


the_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
DIY staff

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kane county,Illinois
Posts: 25,728
Rewards Points: 7,174

I agree with 'the man'--get all new plastic parts---that setup is common and sold as a kit---
New members: Adding your location to your profile helps in many ways.--M--
oh'mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can a roof vent identify where my main sewer line exits the house? YerDugliness Plumbing 8 01-26-2010 04:13 PM
Caulk underneath sink drain/plate? doogie88 Plumbing 14 04-16-2009 07:18 AM
small piece of floor needs carpet analogmusicman Flooring 4 11-08-2008 08:54 PM
Removing single piece of siding shortagain Remodeling 4 01-02-2006 10:12 AM

Top of Page | View New Posts


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1