Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Plumbing

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Can a sani T sit at a 45?

THis may seem strange, but Im ttrying to figure out how to run this sink drain from the kitchen upstairs.

I have to bring out the vent pipe that comes down from inside the wall above. I need to bring it out 45 than out a few inches than back down a 45 to clear the wall. Can I place the sani T between those 2 45's to tap into the vertical drain pipe? The T would be tlted back 45 degrees. I have tried to show what i mean in the pics. The fittings in the pics are not all the right diameter, just used them to make an example.
Attached Thumbnails
Can a sani T sit at a 45?-image-4004779968.jpg   Can a sani T sit at a 45?-image-1055589972.jpg   Can a sani T sit at a 45?-image-2175394963.jpg  

Maine1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 12

Yes, a 45 can be orientated like that, but if you're venting a sink upstairs,the tee needs to be in the wall upstairs too.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 22

Why dont you just use two street Els and get back to vertical. Not sure what you are doing here though. If thats a drain it should be a combo or a Y and an 1/8th bend, not a sanitary T.

jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:37 PM   #4

I can't bring the sink drain straight down because of the window below and the drain in the floor is to the right of the old slop sink. The existing drain did go up and into the wall upstairs and out through the roof. I will be venting the kitchen sink using an AAV valve at the sink itself because there is no way to vent it straight up because it is directly below a window. I just need to bring the kitch sink drain across, preferably through the exposed floor joists, over the windows and than down to the existing drain that goes into the floor. I just thought it would also help to include the vent stack that goes up and out right above where I need to T into the drain. It's kind of odd, but I hope you can understand what I am trying to do. That utility sink also drains into that vertical drain line so I thought keeping the vent tied in above would also help that. But the positioning of it all would require the T I use to be tilted back at an angle because I want to run the PVC through the joists, not under the.
Attached Thumbnails
Can a sani T sit at a 45?-image-136981095.jpg  
Old 01-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #5

Oh geesh!!! Just spent some time reading about vents and drains etc.... This whole setup is a mess! No venting/ wet venting. Wrong size drains for laundry and sink... I really can't see any way to bring it all together without a major plumbing renovation between the utility room and kitchen above. There is no way I can do that right now. I have so much else to do in the house and we need to be in a a couple weeks! Kitchen cabinets are going up in 2 days so I can't rip apart the walls there to run the proper venting.

What a mess,
Old 01-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #6
Roofmaster

Rewards Points: 22

use an AAV under the sink, then just plumb it through the joists. Drill in the middle of the Joist. You need a right angle drill and a hole saw, and a lot of couplings Use 45's where you can. You can create any angle with two 45's That vent you are showing will not serve the kitchen sink, and it would wet vent the utility sink, but it would probably work for the most part

Last edited by jagans; 01-14-2013 at 08:44 AM.
jagans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine1 View Post
I can't bring the sink drain straight down because of the window below and the drain in the floor is to the right of the old slop sink. The existing drain did go up and into the wall upstairs and out through the roof. I will be venting the kitchen sink using an AAV valve at the sink itself because there is no way to vent it straight up because it is directly below a window. I just need to bring the kitch sink drain across, preferably through the exposed floor joists, over the windows and than down to the existing drain that goes into the floor. I just thought it would also help to include the vent stack that goes up and out right above where I need to T into the drain. It's kind of odd, but I hope you can understand what I am trying to do. That utility sink also drains into that vertical drain line so I thought keeping the vent tied in above would also help that. But the positioning of it all would require the T I use to be tilted back at an angle because I want to run the PVC through the joists, not under the.
This image shows the most common ways to pipe under a window. For the basement- you have to use what you got
Attached Thumbnails
Can a sani T sit at a 45?-2traparmplumbingdiagram.jpg